Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our 8th anniversary and dinner celebration @ Print Works Bistro


Yahoo! we passed #7 year of marriage that a lot of people believe it's an unlucky number with safe and sound...we officially announced our 8th anniversary on June 29, 2009!!!!

This year we didn't getaway out of town since Mark just started his new job and we just had a family trip to the beach. Mark & I decided to celebrate our anniversary at Print Works Bistro, Greensboro eco-friendly restaurant (next to the Proximity hotel). I was so impressed about the reviews of how great of the food and service were that I couldn't wait to enjoy the taste of the delicious food. Then we made a reservation at 6 p.m.

When we got there, a staff walked us to a table behind a family of 5 (there were plently of tables available in the restaurant for 2 people and of course, we needed a privacy). "Nevermind" I thought in mind. We started with an appetizer - pieces of garlic toast and dipping with tomato chunks, olive, cheese and wine (sorry, I couldn't remember that name and it was not on the website's restaurant's menu). It was quite good since we were also hungry - I gave 3 stars rating.

Since I was so impressed about the ratings of the food, I couldn't wait to see my main course I ordered "Overnight Duck Confit" and Mark ordered "Grilled Lamb". When our food arrived, I was so surprised with cheap white ceramic plates and plain decoration on my all over brown and dark green with 2 thighs of ducks and brussels sprouts plus yellow polenta in the middle. Mark's order was not too different but red tomato salsa made it better. Ok...for the feature I gave 1 star rating.

Wow! what I expected to say when I tasted it. Unfortunately, I was speechless and very disappointed (so was Mark). I gave 1 star rating for the taste.

We hesitated to order our dessert but we did order anyway "Mini Dessert Me'lange". Perhaps it was the best of the night. I gave 3.5 stars rating (I didn't want to be too negative:>).

Total we spent $100.

Overall ratings : 2 with no desire to come back.

I was not surprised why only great ratings on their website. This was because the survey I just did for them suggested the postive feedback that would be useful for guests to visit to be filled and would be published on the website....so don't expect to read any negative feedback there (except my blog). I didn't give them any feedback except ratings. That was not fair, was it?

1 comment:

  1. I am never going to that restaurant, i trust your judgment...sometimes the best places are not too expensive ;-) Taco Bell anyone?

    ReplyDelete